Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Sprechen Sie Deutsch?

Tara, my Eberl mare that is going to eventually be painted as a portrait of LaBelle, arrived today! She came all the way from Germany! Which may be appropriate, considering the real LaBelle is a Rhinelander, a warmblood registry from Rhineland, Germany. Ironically, 'LaBelle' means The Beautiful in French. On top of that, she was born here in American (she is well cultured, isn't she?).



I don't plan on having her customized any time soon, but at least I won't have to hunt around for her anymore ;). (By the way, Yes, I do speak some German. But, not very well.)

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on finding a Tara. That was surprisingly fast. I can't wait to see her whenever she is finished.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know! I got really lucky! The lady who had her was great to work with; it couldn't have gone any better!

    She probably won't be done for a few years, but I will post lots about her when she is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow!! that was very fast! she'll look awesome all painted up!!

    did you get my email with the montage of LaBelle?? jus thought i'd check to see if you have it! :)

    ReplyDelete