Thursday, June 23, 2011

Baby Steps

If you remember, I had two goals (along with numerous, unmentioned ones) that I really wanted to put into action this summer.

I have managed to keep up with one of the two. I know that is a 50%, a big whopping F. But hey, isn't 50% always better than 0%? I guess it's not if it's your final grade and you end up failing either way, but bear with me here ;).

On a positive note, I have been REALLY good about keeping my workspace clean! I am definitely not a messy person, but cleaning up my bits of leather, putting my tools back, and keeping things organized has been troublesome for me. As soon as finals were over, I embarked on the biggest cleaning journey of my life. My room hasn't been this clean since the day before I moved in. I hope to keep with this way!

Just so you get an idea:




Doesn't this look like Mr. Clean or Martha Stewart's room? I found a way to store my big green board (I am not sure what it is called?) and most of my bottles (of glue, dye, etc.) conveniently under my desk. Then, when I want to get to work, I can just pull them out. Or just as easily put them away! I have been so good about cleaning up every time after I work, that way it never gets too bad to handle!

As for the other goal... we might just let it slide ;).

2 comments:

  1. I can NEVER keep my space that clean! I am completely jealous, haha.

    I keep irregular studio hours, so putting everything away, even under the desk, just does not work. I envy those who are able to operate like that, I really do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is SO hard! Believe me! But, I have come up with ways that make the process easier (hand held vacuum is my new best friend!). It takes a lot of work, but it makes me feel a lot better about my workspace :).

    ReplyDelete