Monday, January 17, 2011

Get Ready

Do you find it weird that the name of my blog is "Sonshine Saddlery" and I have yet to make a saddle? I do. Or maybe it's just silly. But, saddles are my intention and in order for anyone to get anything helpful out of this blog, I think they should see my work in progress.

So, today's progress is to start getting everything I need! I started by going through Jennifer Buxton's blog and creating a list of things I should get.

My list looks something like this (in no particular order):

1. 3 piece pound wheel set (leather stitching)
-Micro-mart $22.65

2. Wood Mallet (Hole Punching)
-Tandy Leather Factory $4.99

3. Metal tip Mechanical pencils (Hole Punching)
-.05 and .07

4. Gum Tragacanth
-Tandy Leather Factory $5.99

5. Beacon 527 (Glue)
-Hobby Lobby $4.47

6. Safety Beveler (Skiving)
-Tandy Leather Factory $3.99

7. Mini Dremmel (Sanding)

8. Exacto knife (Skiving)

I think I am going to get a Keri Okie saddle set to get started, so until I do that I don’t think I am going to buy any tools. Just in case I am leaving something out.

Instead, my progress of the day was getting my leather, buckles, jumper rings, and slotted rings to at least make some halters! My order came to $33 including shipping, which I don’t think it TOO bad considering I got pretty decent sized quantities.

Now I have to run over to Hobby Lobby and get some glue so I can get started!

Happy MLK Day!

BBF Storm Chaser



No comments:

Post a Comment