Sunday, January 23, 2011

Go!!

After getting ready and getting set, it was finally go time! I used the Rio Rondo instructions for how to make it, so it wasn't very hard. I know I need to work on tab size, making my buckle strap smaller, making the noseband small so if fits better, and figuring out how to make my leather less stiff. Overall, I am pretty pleased :). But, I have a TON to do before my live show in March if I want to use one then. Ahhhh....




Feel free to critique or leave a suggestion!

2 comments:

  1. That's not bad at all for a first attempt and I think it fits pretty well. Would you be interested in a tutorial on how to make a rolled throatlatch? It's pretty easy and will make the halter fit even better and look more polished. I was planning to do one last month while I was on that halter kick but somehow I never got around to it. Maybe now I will!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jennifer!

    That's really funny that you ask... I would love one! I have been thinking about that for a while now!!! My goal is to have a stock show halter for my live show in March, and I definitely would want to have a rolled throatlatch. I was going to get a pounce wheel like you suggested and just try stitching it together, so I would really love a tutorial! Thanks so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete