Thursday, January 27, 2011

Halter #2!


I have finished my second halter! Obviously, it is still not perfect, but I am much happier with it!


My skiving was much better this time; I am so happy with it! I think on my first halter I kept it pretty thick because I was scared I was going to cut through the leather lace. Now that I have improved my skiving skills, I was much more confident and got the leather pretty thin!


Also, my size has improved a lot! Rather than using the Rio Rondo size chart, I customized my fit for my mare, Dreamer. It took a lot more work and could be a pain sometimes, but the overall look is much better! It is not so sloppy anymore.


I took Jennifer's suggestion and tried a rolled throatlatch. I really had no idea what I was doing, so I just glued it together. It is does not look great by any means, but since this is only my second halter I thought I might as well experiment!

As always, I am open to comments and suggestions :).

No comments:

Post a Comment