Saturday, February 12, 2011

Real Horse Treats

In honor of Sonny’s birthday today, I made him some homemade treats :).


For those of your who have real horses, I figured I would post this in case you wanted to make some, too! So, here you go:

Sonny’s Gooey Carrot and Apple Treats

Ingredients:
-1 cup carrots
-1 cup apples
-1 cup oats
-1 cup flour
-1 tsp. sugar
-1 tsp. salt
-1/4 cup molasses

Directions:
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees
2. Grate the carrots and apple
3. Mix all ingredients except molasses in a large bowl
4. Then add molasses
5. Roll into balls
6. Bake for 10 – 15 minutes or under golden brown

Some notes: - Do not add more than ¼ cup molasses! In fact, add a little at a time. If you add too much, they will be too runny and won’t stick together. Then you'll have a big mess!
-I change up the size depending on who I am making them for. Since these were just for Sonny, I made them larger and cooked them for 14 mins. If you make them for multiple horses and want more smaller ones, cook them less.


They are a weird texture, so picky horses might not like them. But if you horse is like Sonny and eats everything (including non-edible things…like baby wipes) then you are good to go!

Feel free to edit the recipe in anyway or make up your own, but be sure to let me know about it! I am always looking for something new :).

Happy Birthday Sonny!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment