Sunday, February 6, 2011

Success!!

Not a complete success, but I feel pretty satisfied! Today I finished my first leather halter with stitching and another nylon halter. The best part: I love the fit! I think I am finally getting things under control. I had to make my noseband bigger, cheek pieces smaller, and throat latch longer. Too bad both halters are for Pentagon; so I only have one horse fitted.

The stitching isn’t too bad with a pounce wheel. It definitely takes some practice though! It isn’t easy keeping the wheel straight and close to the edge. But, I have found some things that help me so I will post about those later. Of course I forgot to use one of my slotted halter rings for this halter! I have been using jumper rings for practice but wanted to use my slotted halter rings for my leather halters. Oh well!




I like the fit of my nylon halter, too! I based the design off of a halter Sonny got for Christmas. I wish I had zebra ribbon!





Better get back to studying! Bio midterm tomorrow ☹.

1 comment: