Thursday, March 24, 2011

Tack Day

Today I was able to get some tack-making done...FINALLY!!!

First and foremost:

My first foal halter! I have never heard of a slip halter before, but I was asked to make one to fit Gilen for a custom order. I really like how it turned out, especially for my first one.






Next up I finished this halter:



It looks so much better with shortened cheek pieces and the additional pink! Now I just have to make a matching leadrope and clean up the glue.

Last but not least is my big project! Remember this?


Well, it has turned into a giant experiment for me. First of all, ROLLED THROATLATCH! Thanks to a very good friend with some great directions, I think I have figured it out! I know it is too short for this halter, but since the whole thing has been a fluke from the beginning, I probably won't go back and fix it. This halter also allowed me to practice with some silver. It isn't done yet, but I am happy with what I have accomplished with it so far!



That is it for now. Hopefully I will have a few more things done by the end of the day.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, looking good! That foal slip is too cute :) I'm still hoping that Jennifer posts the rolled throatlatch tutorial--I want to try it too :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. the purple/pink halter looks great!! would look good on Newsworthy...but probably too big for him...

    Gilens halter is soo cute too! i wish i had a Gilen to get one for!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much!

    The halter would be too big for Newsworthy, but you're right...the colors would look great on him! Definitely colors for a little girl with a pony ;).

    I bought Valentine and Heartbreaker for the mare, but I have come to really like the foal, too! The more I do with him, the more I like him. I think the halter is perfect for him!

    ReplyDelete