Thursday, March 10, 2011

What Do You Think?

Between studying and preparing for a show, I need a couple breaks. In those couple breaks, I managed to throw these together:



The leather halter was going to be a stock show halter for my Sheza Lil' Bolder. Obviously, it ended up a LOT bigger than planned. Why? I have no idea. But, I am really proud of it so far; the stitching is good along with the thickness of the leather. Therefore, I do not want to just throw it away. So...what do you think? Who would this fit? If anyone wants to purchase it for cheap when I am done, just let me know :).


Next up is the purple halter that looks rather dashing against Salinero's dark bay color. This was my first time experimenting with layers of color. I am not sure if I like it or not? So...what do you think? Continue with the pink on the cheek pieces or tear it off and leave it plain purple?



Thanks in advance for your input ;).

4 comments:

  1. Wow, they look great. Would the leather one fit some sort of draft horse? It looks like it might be big enough. And I say keep the pink. It really compliments the purple and it looks neat so it doesn't seem like it's worth taking off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pink/purple halter is really cute and you've got a great start on the leather halter! I think the fit on both of them might be a bit long in the cheek piece, though. Might be worth comparing to some tack catalog photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the look of the pink on the purple. It looks like it would belong on some young girl's best friend since they love colorful tack and things. I do feel like your cheek pieces are too long either from or causing the jump ring to be too high which leads to the throat latch being too long and the crown being too short. It's difficult to get all the pieces right to fit a variety of models. It may be the weird shape of the model's head, but when I looked at it something looked wrong and I believe this is it. Other than that they're great especially the stitching on the leather. I might even be interested in it though I don't have a lot of money and I don't order a lot of stuff online.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for opinion everyone :). I have since shortened the cheek pieces.

    ReplyDelete