Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dilemma

I was really looking forward to getting a good chunk of a custom halter done yesterday. Of course, it didn't goes as planned.

I understand that not all leather is the same, especially from different orders. I have had great luck with one distributor until this batch. I could tell right away that it was different: if was much thicker, didn't like my Safety Beveler, and had fuzzies galore. Even with an absurd amount of sanding and gum tragacanth, I just can't get it to look right. I have tried all different sections of the leather piece, but they appear to all be the same.


The top piece is from a previous order. The bottom piece was form the recent order. I want to note that the leather is laying flat, so the curves you see are the actual leather, not due to it being bent or sticking up.

It kind of looks like my dog either cut it herself or chewed it. Either way, this is not going to be sellable which really puts me back. So now what do I do? Place another order, hope for the usual quality, wait for it to get here, and spend another $7 on shipping for under $2 worth of leather? Oh, joy ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment