Thursday, April 7, 2011

KHP Parade of Breeds

Considering I am up to my eyeballs in homework, I have absolutely no time to even think about doing anything fun like tack-making or going to see Sonny. Since I don't have any cool new tack stuff to show you (yet), I figured I would find something at least semi-fun to entertain you with.

I have been very lucky when it comes to real horses. I have had great opportunities that I will never forget. One of them is being able to participate in the Kentucky Horse Park Parade of Breeds. If you are unfamiliar with the horse park, twice a day they hold an event exhibiting different breeds. The horse and rider dress up according to breed history and ride around the ring while the announcer teaches you about the breed. For example, a paint horse was dressed up like a native american. When I was invited to ride at the parade of breeds, it was only fitting that I dressed my Thoroughbred up as a race horse!

This is the first of four years that I rode at the KHP. Obviously, it was like eight or nine years ago! It is neat to look back and see how far you have come. Hopefully you guys like this...if you do I will upload the other videos from my horse park experiences. Or maybe other horse shows? Let me know what you would and wouldn't like to see! Enjoy!


4 comments:

  1. What a fun opportunity! Loved the video. :D You should definitely post more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your input! If I get a chance I will :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I know that horse!!! (And you! ;-) I'm not at the barn anymore, but last I knew he was still doing great. It's neat to see an old video of him

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Nancy!

    How cool! Did you happen to have the chestnut gelding that was stalled next to my big bay mare, LaBelle?

    ReplyDelete