Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New Tack: ID Collar

This is for the same custom order as the foal halter. Like the foal halter, I have never made an ID collar before. Here is what it was based off of:

Mare ID Collar

Here is how it turned out:


In the future I am going to make the strap longer. It should be placed further back onto the neck (I think?), but it is for GG Valentine and her mane gets in the way.

I am pretty pleased with it! Especially for it being my first time making a 'name plate'. What do you think? Any improvement suggestions?

3 comments:

  1. I've never seen one of those before. I think it looks fantastic :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh! i've seen those before! they put them on the necks of the mares on the big breeding farms don't they?

    I think it looks pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! Glad you guys like it!

    Yehp, it sure if for mares :). I have never seen one used in person, but have heard of them before!

    ReplyDelete