Wednesday, April 13, 2011

EA 2011 (3) - Texas Thunder

I have seen lots of great horsemen in my life. All of them have their specialties and stand out in their own way. But, there is no doubt that Jason Goodman makes the top of my list.

I originally saw Jason and his team a six huge, black, gorgeous percherons at Rolex a few years ago. I have seen him a couple times since then and it just keeps getting better.

Jason puts on an outstanding performance. He and his team do everything with so much energy. Whether it be a big trot, gallop, or his signature "spin the top". "Spin the top" is a move where the horses perform a complete 360 degree circle while the cart hind wheels stay in place. Not only can they do it well, they do it fast! On top of all that, Jason has taken up Roman riding. What really gave me goose bumps was that

a) He was completely bareback. It was just pure boot on the horses back
b) There was nothing holding the horses together.
c) They were so fast! It wasn't like he was just staying on the rail. They were turning and cantering and still all staying together!

To me, that is something special. There were a lot of other Roman Riding acts during Fantasia and there always are. The horses are usually held together by surcingles and almost always have "pads" on their backs to help their riders grip. Maybe I am wrong and Jason's act isn't so uncommon, but either way...I loved it!

I didn't get to video all of it, but here is some of Jason Goodman and The Priedert Percherons.

No comments:

Post a Comment